Trouble Installing driver for TP LINK external Wi-Fi antenae

Hi,
I have this TP LINK “TL WN822N(EU)V4_160315” Driver for a wi-fi adapter to catch better the wi-fi signal in my property. I have tried the instructions supplied with the driver and it doesn’t work.
I have changed my version of ubuntu to have a better supported version, but I am a stranger to the Terminal section, and wished I did not have to dwelve into typing things I do not understand for a misterious result.
Anyway, I have now the latest version of unbuntu Mate for 64bits, and would like to get this to work or buy another one that is working and easy to install on Ubuntu Mate.
Thanks for your support

Compilation tool and kernel sources
Before you compile the driver, please make sure you have the correct compile tool and
kernel sources.
We can install compile tool gcc by command “apt-get install gcc”
Note : We recommend you use a suitable compile tool to compile our driver.
For example:
According to the command “cat /proc/version”, we could see your linux system is compiled
by gcc4.8.2. So we recommend you use gcc4.8.2 to compile our driver if possible.

This the part I cannot pass and it s the first one

Hi Guys,

I have also a TP Link Wi fi adapter that I cannot get to run. I am a stranger to the Terminal language.
TL-WN822N(EU)_V4_160315_Linux This is my driver version, but can t run it or don t know how.
Could you help me with this one ?

Cheers

Hello, look at this page, try to do the installation,

Tp link wn822n use Realtek 8192cu drivers
it is possible that you can install the drivers as I did.

If you have done it, tell us your result so we know it in the community. regards....

I have model TL WN722N here and it works out of the box - no driver to install. But, rated 150 mb per sec rather than 300.

Thanks to all for your input. I have finally returned the antenae and haven t tried further.