Trouble with Epson WF-2750 as scanner again

Hi all,
Unfortunately the backup did not include the download folder where all printer/scanner files were saved - and the old iscan file is nowhere to be found on the web for me at this moment.

So I installed the new driver version - being the only one available.
I cans elect it in Simple Scan but then again 'nothing happens.

Trying all sorts of solutions I found that there must be a permission error - but I do not know how to solve this.

Any suggestions available?

Funny enough - I can start imagescan using "imagescan" in the terminal - it starts the scanner, does the scan, but the saved output is not really saved - although the program say so.
But I cannot use the driver with Simple Scan.
When I use sudo imagescan the file gets created on the desktop and gets deleted as soon as the scan is over automatically.

Hopefully someone has an idea on how to take care of this ......

Epson definitely not a choice for the future.

Hi Monamtb,
If it can helps you, I guess you've downloaded the 3 linux printer drivers and 1 scan driver from here (WF-2750). Note than if you're installed Ubuntu 20.04, scan driver 19.10 usually works well.
I use an ET-2600 and only program works perfect for scanning is gscan2pdf. Have lots of options and you can configure different output sort of files.

Lucky!

Hi TIm, Thank you for the suggestion,
I downloaded the drivers from Epson, but they only work as I described - printer works fine, scanner does not with all scan programs.
Scan2pdf does not even start scanning.

Same problem with Simple scan, the file appears when scanning, but then autoreset when finishing the process. Seems a bug.
What I did recently with imagescan, if it can helps you, is install in Ubuntu 20.04 "imagescan-bundle-ubuntu-19.10-3.62.0.x64.deb.tar.gz" following the usual process:

Put the archive in your personal folder.

tar xaf '/home/youruser/imagescan-bundle-ubuntu-19.10-3.62.0.x64.deb.tar.gz'

cd '/home/youruser/imagescan-bundle-ubuntu-19.10-3.62.0.x64.deb'

./install.sh

rm -r '/home/youruser/imagescan-bundle-ubuntu-19.10-3.62.0.x64.deb'

Reboot.
Start your printer.
Run gscan2pdf.
Click on scan icon. The program starts to find drivers and should appears something similar like "EPSON FW-2750_Series". You can then configure the program and scan.

Other option is, if you are not able to install scan drivers, scan through wifi, though in Epson I only could install router wifi net with windows drivers before. Then I could install wifi net in linux with some simple changes. I could explain it but this is another process.

My maother -in-law got frustrated seeing me working way until midnight and she bought Vuescan - worked excellently within 3 minutes and has all the shebang now.

Thanks for all the support.

I use the Epson WF-2650 and had similar issues to those described above. I was trying to scan a few documents using xsane and when it would scan the file the file would disappear. I looked around for other programs but everything I tried did the same thing. I updated the Epson drivers to the newest ones and still no luck. Finally out of frustration and lack of ideas I plugged the printer into the USB cable. Scanning worked wonderfully and I was able to complete my project. This solution sort of defeats the idea of having a wi-fi printer but I hoped it would only be a temporary driver issue.

Hi swords, unfortunatelly scan by usb fails again for me. Imagescan supports 19.10 but not 20.04 yet. Alternatively can scan by wifi with no problem. Also is possible epson Iprint android app, but is absolutly necessary sincro printer with router.