Trying Mate for the first time

Hello,

I have after many years have decided to give Mate a try, I have followed Wimpy on Jupiter Broadcasting and rest of the gang for years. though I also use Manjaro, I am just looking for the simple computing experience, with little issues and a whole lot of fun.

So far I'm liking the community, I can't tell you how tired I am with the infighting and philosophical differences. I want a distro that just wants to allow everyone to enjoy Linux and use whatever technology that will help get our computing on!

Yawanathan

Hello yawanathanisrael

You may find this useful to get the most out of Caja, the Mate desktop file manager:

If the website proves a little difficult to navigate, this link:

[https://thefrugalcomputerguy.com/linux/grouppg.php?ser=10001&grp=8]

should take you to the video tutorials for Caja (many thanks to thefrugalcomputerguy).
I hope you enjoy Ubuntu-Mate :slightly_smiling_face:

Welcome to Ubuntu MATE! Hope you have fun using it. Like any community forum, there's some of infighting and complaining, but overall this is a very civil group :slight_smile:

We have plenty of people that don't even use Ubuntu MATE, and yet stick around because of this website, so make yourself at home and feel free to ask any questions

5 Likes