Ubuntu 16.04 with MATE 1.14?

Wow first of all great job @Wimpy and team for the new release of MATE 1.14 Changelog
My question is if we will have by default 1.14 or we need to upgade the interface via a ppa?
If we will upgrade via a ppa when we will have that ppa available in 16.04?

The feature freeze was in February (see the release schedule), so I doubt such a big change would be included at this point. A PPA is another story. I bet we’ll see more once 16.04 is released later this month.

2 Likes

The release of 1.14 took place after the feature freeze of 16.04. Therefor the newest version could not be included in this release. But knowing the developers, an update won’t be far along :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for your answer. So there is no way of upgrading to 1.14 presently ?

First the packages will be pushed to the Debian repositories, when they are accepted there it is a matter of time when they will be available for Ubuntu.

Another way is to compile the source-code, but I really do not know how to do that. And if you’re not familiar with compiling source, I really do not recommend it.

2 Likes

Right, OK I understand. Thanks once again !

The new answer is: In a few weeks!

See here:

There’s been a few topics asking about MATE 1.14 for 16.04, so we’ll keep track of this in one place.