Ubuntu 20.04 not supporting in intel i5 vpro

Hi Everyone,

I have Intel i5 vPro 10th Gen, 8GB RAM and 1TB HDD laptop

[https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/faqs/pc-life-faqs/what-is-vpro/]. I wanted to run Ubuntu 20.04. Even i tried many time to install Ubuntu 20.04. But didn’t install somehow.

To provide some background,

Ubuntu 20.04 should support Intel i5 vPro processors without any issues. However, there could be some compatibility issues with specific hardware components or drivers that may cause problems.

I have followed some troubleshooting steps like:

Check the system requirements: Make sure that your system meets the minimum requirements for Ubuntu 20.04. You can find the requirements on the Ubuntu website.

Check the BIOS settings: Check the BIOS settings to ensure that the processor is properly configured and enabled.

Check for firmware updates: Check for firmware updates for your system and update them if available.

Check for driver updates: Check for driver updates for your hardware components and update them if available.

Try a different version of Ubuntu: If Ubuntu 20.04 is not working properly on your system, you can try a different version of Ubuntu, such as Ubuntu 18.04 or Ubuntu 21.04.

Seek technical support: If none of the above steps work, you may want to seek technical support from Ubuntu or your system manufacturer.

Anyone have any idea please share the suggestion.

Thank you for your time.

1 Like

Welcome @Yamaris_Johnson to the community!

When you attempted to install it what exactly happened? How far in the process did you get? Have you installed on a different machine?

Those are some of the questions that come to mind when you write that it didn't install.

1 Like

Yes,
Where did you down load the .iso? Official site, bit torrent, other site?
Did you check the hash?
What media are you using, DVD or USB drive?
What did you use to extract and write to the media?'
Does the media run okay as a live disk or live USB?
Are there any hardware problems when running the live edition?
Have you tried a different media (i.e. different USB stick or other brand of DVD)?

Answering these questions would be very helpful for you getting help. The more information you can give people, the better chance of solving your problem.

1 Like