Ubuntu detects two monitors when there is only one (nvidia optimus)

Hello!
I have one problem a very long time and I don't know how to fix it. I have a laptop with open source graphic drivers and an integrated intel video card and an external nvidia gt 630m video card (optimus). I only need to use the intel graphics (but I guess I can not deactivate the discrete nvidia card), but there is a failure, because ubuntu detects 2 monitors, whereas there is only 1 (the one of my laptop). Is there any way to deactivate the other monitor completely?

Hello @motivation

What distro version are you running?

Also, you’re stating that you’re running UM on a laptop and that laptop is NOT plugged into an external VGA (or HDMI) cable, is that right?

Just out of curiosity, did you inherited from those settings immediately after install or did you, at one point or another, had a 2nd monitor plugged into your laptop? Ever ever?

Cheers,

Hello @DLS
I am running Ubuntu Mate 16.04.1 and Mate 1.12 (default). I never ever connected an additional monitor.
But I dont think of that as a Mate specific bug, because it occours within all Ubuntu distributions. And yes, this is after a fresh instalation of UM 16.04 with all the updates.

Well if that helps, I too am having tons of issues with the monitor preferences.

Also not sure on where those requests should be routed as you’ve said it’s a general thing in Ubuntu.