Ubuntu Mate 15.4 install instruction in german Linux Blog - good blog for beginners!

Hi fellows

I found this simple, but good instruction for beginners about “how to install ubuntu 15.4.” in a lovingly maintained german blog!

http://linuxwelt.blogspot.ch/2015/03/ubuntu-mate-1504-installieren-anleitung.html

Best regards
Atreju :smile:

1 Like

Its nice but not as complete as this:

They have left out several important (for beginners) details which would be very useful to a beginner!. :smiley:

Hey Wofman
Absolute! Your manual is on a much higher level! And I regret, that I couldn’t fall back to your manual as I made my first timid steps on different linux systems a year ago. :smile:

That lead me to further consideration: As a Linux beginner then, I was very glad to have introductions in German language (for now, and to be active in this forum, I guess my English understanding is much better than previously). And I think for many others, they are not so liquid in English and are beginners additionally, they would be glad with a translated manual to as I have been then.

In other words: Do you have a German translation of your extensive work, and if, is this forum the place to put it on?

1 Like

Es wird eine Weile dauern bis ich es übersetzen könnt.

It will take a while before I can translate it.

There is no reason why it shouldn’t be posted on this forum!. :wink:

1 Like

Super! Ich kann Dir gerne meine Hilfe anbieten, von Englisch nach Deutsch sollte für mich einfacher sein, wie umgekehrt. Und lernen tue ich sowieso was dabei. Vielleicht können wir eine neue Kategorie namens “Deutsches Tutorial” oder so ähnlich machen?

I can offer my help! From English to German should be easier than other direction. Perhaps we could create a new Category called “German Tutorial”?

1 Like

We will discus whether there should be topics for other languages. Until then please restrain to English only or post a translation as well.

1 Like

Sure! Thanks for your quickly response! You beat me to it, I didn’t thought to do something in this way without consultation someone of the moderators! :smiley:

1 Like

You’re very welcome :wink: And hey, I’m Dutch…

1 Like

Mijn nederlands is een beetje roestig. :smiley:

My Dutch is a little rusty!. :smiley:

Doing both English and German translations in the same thread/topic/guide; is not a problem!. :smiley:

2 Likes

Well @wolfman, never would have expected a Brit to say “Mijn nederlands is een beetje roestig” :smile:
You just made my day! :sunny:

With the posts you create it will be okay to have a separate thread in German, as long as you state in the beginning of that thread that it is the German equivalent of the English topic or the other way around. With the short answers it is easier to provide an English translation. Just to eliminate the usage of Google Translate. :wink:

2 Likes

I am not German, I am British!. :smiley:

I have German friends, Dutch, Belgium and so on!. :smiley:

I have level B2 in written German and between C1 and C2 in spoken!. :smiley:

With German translation, there are a lot of technical descriptions that cannot be said as easily as they can in English!.

It would be easy to simply translate the English into German, Atreju has already offered his help and we can write the German translations together and he can correct all my mistakes!. :wink:

1 Like

@wolfman, my apologies. I made an assumption I shouldn’t have made.

My respects. The only language I ever use (besides Dutch) is English, so who am I to talk. :blush:

EDIT: I’ve adjusted my mistake…

2 Likes

I know! And I’ll let you know I’ve been in Amsterdam two years ago for second time. I like this town. :smile:

The anonymity of the web!. :smiley: We can be whoever we wish to be behind our forum name disguises!. :smiley:

Well, my real name is in my profile and even the place where I live.

@Atreju I live near Amsterdam.

But we are going off topic.

You people are funny! I guess, now I am the only one here, whose mother tongue is German (a dialect of course)…

And apropos English, I hope it’s improving step by step…

@Atreju It is really more than okay.

But please, lets get back on topic.

That’s true, in beginning time, I guess my real name is posted in the introduction thread. Well, my reason to talk about a German translation is not to split the community, but my intention is to provide a easy approach in UM for German/Swiss/Austrian beginners from official site.

That’s a good point. I just want to prevent a mistake I made with another forum (I won’t say which one), we allowed threads in other languages and they became communities on their own. I really want to prevent that from happening here. We are one community regardless of the language you speak.

But support in your native language could be provided in other ways. Like install tutorials on the main page, a wiki or the sorts. We will discuss it and come back to this.

1 Like

I understand what you mean. And that’s not my way to! Perhaps there are other options, and we we do not have to re-invent wheel. There are other great forums like http://ubuntuusers.de/.

And don’t hurry, I have not the time to translate a lot at moment! :smile:

(And sorry for leave the topic)