Ubuntu MATE 16.04/16.10 small lines appearing on screen

Hello MATE community. New member here and first post also. Im facing an issue with my MATE both with 16.04 and 16.10. The issue is whenever i remove my laptops charger small lines start to show up on my Laptops screen. Only happens when laptop is running on Battery.

I also noticed that when an animation is running the lines dissappear and re-appear when animation ends like MATE log animation when Welcome screen occurs. I also today tried 17.04 daily builds and didnt noticed any issues same goes for 14.04.2 too.

Specs of my Laptop are:
Processor: AMD A10-4600M
GPU: HD 7660G + HD 7670M

P.S All other distros are working without issues Ubuntu 16.04, Lubuntu 16.04, Xubuntu 16.04, Kubuntu 16.04 etc. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you :slight_smile:

Panjgoori, Have you tried updating your system? Open the terminal and enter the following commands:

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

1 Like

See also:

I tried apt-get update && apt-get upgrade but this didn’t solved the problem. Should i try dist-upgrade ?

I would try it with a small change to the end of the command ( -f = force):

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -f

The above will force any missing dependencies!. :smiley:

Hello. I tried this step and also tried Ubuntu 17.04 MATE but still same issue. Any more help ? Sorry that im replying after such a long time.