Ubuntu MATE 16.04 Alpha 2 QA Tracker is open

Installed Shutter via the PPA @anon42388993 provided and it is now working!. :smiley:

Here is a screenshot of my current UM 16.04 desktop:

I installed 16.04 yesterday and the advanced menu (mate menu) only shows a small dot. The menu itself isn't working. I downloaded the daily build from 29th of January.

Here is a screen shot, the only thing I did was install Xenial in Virtualbox, updated the system and changed to advanced menu in Mate Tweak.

I just tried it and no, not working.

This package is “mate-menu” from what I see. /usr/bin/mate-menu is executable, but nothing there either.

I’m not so sure where to go with this.

When I start mate-menu from a terminal I get the following error message:

/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gi/overrides/Gtk.py:50: RuntimeWarning: You have imported the Gtk 2.0 module.  Because Gtk 2.0 was not designed for use with introspection some of the interfaces and API will fail.  As such this is not supported by the pygobject development team and we encourage you to port your app to Gtk 3 or greater. PyGTK is the recomended python module to use with Gtk 2.0
  warnings.warn(warn_msg, RuntimeWarning)
/usr/lib/mate-menu/mate-menu.py:39: PyGIWarning: MatePanelApplet was imported without specifying a version first. Use gi.require_version('MatePanelApplet', '4.0') before import to ensure that the right version gets loaded.
  from gi.repository import MatePanelApplet

Update
I did some digging in the source-code. There is a new function called find_on_path. It seems to expect two parameters and only one is given. If I change line 579 to the following

if find_on_path(self, 'lsb_release'):

The menu works.

1 Like

Nice find. Should a bug report be filed?

I already did file a bug report :slight_smile:

I already fixed this this and release a new version, currently waiting on a Debian Developer to upload it.

Now working after yesterdays (mate-menu) update

1 Like

It works on Chrome because Chrome has a built-in flash player so it won’t even use the other Flash Players

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 9 days. New replies are no longer allowed.