Ubuntu MATE 16.04 DSL WIFI problem cannot connect to internet

I just have installed Ubuntu Mate 16.04 and the connection to Internet is impossible. I create a DSL connection everything is ok but after i try to connect i cannot. Wifi is missing, i cannot install drivers from section Other devices. I try to connect via ethernet port. I tried sudo pppoeconf but this command returned nothing, is missing ppoe. I tried to install deb package, but nothing, the command is not working.

I edited interfaces from Network, but nothing, internet connection is broken in 16.04.
Any way to fix this thing?

Hi
Please provide the output of the following command:

sudo lshw -C network

Cheers

Here is the output from your command, the ethernet is still not working, neither the wireless:

*-network               
       description: Network controller
       product: BCM4312 802.11b/g LP-PHY
       vendor: Broadcom Corporation
       physical id: 0
       bus info: pci@0000:0c:00.0
       version: 01
       width: 64 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: pm msi pciexpress bus_master cap_list
       configuration: driver=b43-pci-bridge latency=0
       resources: irq:17 memory:f69fc000-f69fffff
  *-network
       description: Ethernet interface
       product: 88E8040 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller
       vendor: Marvell Technology Group Ltd.
       physical id: 0
       bus info: pci@0000:09:00.0
       logical name: enp9s0
       version: 13
       serial: 00:25:64:6e:88:f8
       size: 100Mbit/s
       capacity: 100Mbit/s
       width: 64 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: pm msi pciexpress bus_master cap_list ethernet physical tp 10bt 10bt-fd 100bt 100bt-fd autonegotiation
       configuration: autonegotiation=on broadcast=yes driver=sky2 driverversion=1.30 duplex=full latency=0 link=yes multicast=yes port=twisted pair speed=100Mbit/s
       resources: irq:28 memory:f68fc000-f68fffff ioport:de00(size=256)

Hope you cand figure it out. Thanks.

Please also provide the output for the following commands:

sudo rfkill list

and

nmcli dev show

and

egrep -i “sky2|b43” < /var/log/kern.log

I found out from other sites that the problem with wlan and wifi is a bug in MATE and it would be fixed in the near future. So for the moment i prefer Ubuntu to work without problems. Thanks for help.

I just down loaded Ubuntu Mate 16.04 and had the same problem. This is how I solved it. I down loaded a copy of Ubuntu 16.04 from my desk top and put it in my Aspire laptop which has Mate 16.04. my problem child, Booted it up so I could try it on my laptop. Clicked try not install and was able to go on line with it. Checked my emails and a few web sites. Shut down and removed the disk. Powered up my laptop and was able to go on line.

There is more than one way to skin a cat.