Ubuntu Mate 16.04 LTS update

Hi guys !!! happy to be back again :grin: been noticing that i regularly get a warning about to update to version 16.04 LTS ( a red triangle ) just wondering what's new from version 15.10 which i recently did buy (March ) it is mandatory or i can keep the one i have ???
My other concern is about the radio stations (rhythmbox) that i can't make them work ... :rage: can't find a way to make them play ...

Thanks for the help and all comments are welcome !!!

By the way ... is there any christmas Ubuntu Mate wallpapers ???

Ubuntu 15.10 is end-of-life, so yes it would be better to upgrade. 15.10 does not receive security updates anymore.

What?
Sorry, just to make sure: that was a typo right?
As @wizd3m says you should upgrade to 16.04 that will receive support for three years. :D

2 Likes

I am using Radiotray, it works very well in Mate.

1 Like

Some places, like OSDisc.com, sell live linux CDs, including I’m sure Ubuntu-MATE. Maybe that’s where the OP got it from. It’s still shocking when we hear about someone actually purchasing an open source distro, but… there you are. :confused:

Comes in handy for those with slow or limited bandwidth internet.

Thanks for your reply back @ouroumov :smirk: glad to know about that,thanks for the info !!! by the way …what do you mean ‘’ that was a typo right?’’ :open_mouth:

Thanks for your reply back @wizd3m :slight_smile: it’s a shame that i did buy that version (15.10) some time before the version 16.04 came out … no one told me … well,i think i will need to purchase the latest one or be reading the news on the Ubuntu Mate facebook page so i can be ready to buy the latest versions next time,thanks again for your reply,have a nice day !!!

I mean, you don’t usually have to pay to get Ubuntu MATE.
It’s free.
You can download it right now without paying for it by clicking here and create a bootable drive by following the instructions here.
Of course, as @marfig mentioned it’s possible to actually buy a DVD or an USB stick with Ubuntu MATE on it, but in that case you pay more for the hardware, the preparation time and the cool logo than for the software.

Thanks for your reply back @marfig :+1: yes,i did buy my Ubuntu Mate OS with OSDisc.com in March,i am too delicate with my software and it’s better in my opinion to buy it,even when i was a windows user i did buy everything from the main source,really dont like the cracked software or have copies …thanks again and have a nice day !!!

Thanks for the info @Tristan_VILLERS i guess i will keep insisting or will search for any other station with Tunein,dont like to download,dont want to feel Ubuntu like windows :grin:

Hi @anon42388993 my internet speed is good enough,just sometimes slow cause i use double vpn which makes the system slow but not always :tongue:
Thanks for the reply back,have a nice day !!!

1 Like

By the way … what does that means ???

OP means Original Poster

If you buy a CD/DVD from OSdisks or the likes you can better stick to the long term support (LTS) versions, like 14.04 or 16.04. The other versions only have support for 6 months.

1 Like

Ok,got it,very polite,thanks for such great community :raised_hands:

P.S Will upgrade as soon as possible :computer:

1 Like

I am a new Ubuntu Mate user @wizd3m,next time will be careful;anyway the version 15.10 is great :tongue: