Ubuntu Mate 17.04 on Raspberry Pi USB ports not working

Hello, I managed to install Ubuntu Mate 17.04 on my Raspberry Pi and it booted fine, however now my USB-ports do no longer function so I can’t control my keyboard and mouse. How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

This happened to me once before but it was NOT with Ubuntu-MATE it was with Parrot and it drove me crazy. I was ready to throw the whole thing out with the dog. Instead I just started over with a different sd card (Class 10) and burning it with Etcher.
I’m not saying this is the solution but it worked for me. I noticed the difference right away. No more random crashes, screen flickers, or wifi dropouts and my mouse/keyboard stop having issues.
Maybe it was in my head (Probably not) but this might be a good place to start and go from hear.

I also have Ubuntu-MATE install on an sd card and it works without issues (Pi2) installed with Etcher on a Class 10

Good Luck

That is impressive considering we haven’t released a 17.04 version of Ubuntu MATE for the RPi. Did you get the version wrong or are you using a frankendistro?

I did a do-release-upgrade. So 17.04 is just not compatible yet?

`Welcome to Ubuntu 17.04 (GNU/Linux 4.9.33-v7+ armv7l)`

It’s working here. Did you update the firmware before the OS?