Ubuntu MATE 18.04 Beta 1 for the Raspberry Pi is out!

And the login keyring prompt is still there, despite changing settings over manually. I have no clue what's causing it.

You know what else would be cool? Maybe not for this LTS, but for the next one down the line, would be Canonical Livepatch integration. That would set Ubutnu MATE apart from Raspbian more. Less reboots.

I am not sure this issue is new to 18.04 but it is present. I set my Pi 3B+ to boot to text mode "sudo systemctl set-default multi-user.target" and it boots as expected. If I login and bring up the gui environment "sudo systemctl isolate graphical.target" it does this as expected. When I try to logon to the gui I receive these errors:

Could not connect to session bus: Failed to connect to socket /run/user/1000/bus: Connection refused

Could not acquire name on session bus

If I instead attempt to logon as a different user I do not see this issue. Something about MY account seems to be hung.

I have tried this on CentOS 7 on Intel and Ubuntu Mate 18.04 on Intel. No problem. I can logon to the command line, bring up the gui and log myself onto the gui.

Ken

nice work! i have removed firefox, chromium-browser does a better job. sound through my audioinjecor stereo hat works just fine!

Will the 18.04 image work with the new Pi 4?

1 Like

I am running this Mate 18.04 Beta 1 on my Pi 3B+. Is there another 18.04 beta or final release in the works or currently available that I am not aware of at this point?

It is the current release at this time. A final release is in the works.

1 Like

You are talking about the issue from this
thread
correct?

If so I checked out launchpad for bug reports for this and did

not find one.

Please follow the steps from

here
it will into the bug tracker.

This topic was automatically closed after 44 days. New replies are no longer allowed.