Ubuntu Mate 18.04 updated from 17.10 and Welcome snaps

I updated my ubuntu mate from 17.10 to 18.04 installed the missing Welcome, and Boutique snaps but them are no working. Something I’m doing wrong?

What happens if you try to run them from a terminal with this?

env BAMF_DESKTOP_FILE_HINT=/var/lib/snapd/desktop/applications/ubuntu-mate-welcome_ubuntu-mate-welcome.desktop /snap/bin/ubuntu-mate-welcome
env BAMF_DESKTOP_FILE_HINT=/var/lib/snapd/desktop/applications/ubuntu-mate-welcome_software-boutique.desktop /snap/bin/ubuntu-mate-welcome.software-boutique

Thanks for your help Im far from the troubled computer now. I will try your
sugestion as soon as I can but now
Im going out of city maybe two weeks. Really thanks a lot

I get this
israel@israel-H61H2-CM:~$ env BAMF_DESKTOP_FILE_HINT=/var/lib/snapd/desktop/applications/ubuntu-mate-welcome_ubuntu-mate-welcome.desktop /snap/bin/ubuntu-mate-welcome
2018/06/14 08:35:55.181835 cmd_run.go:677: WARNING: cannot create user data directory: no se puede crear “/home/israel/snap/ubuntu-mate-welcome/168”: mkdir /home/israel/snap: not a directory
cannot create user data directory: /home/israel/snap/ubuntu-mate-welcome/168: Not a directory
israel@israel-H61H2-CM:~$ env BAMF_DESKTOP_FILE_HINT=/var/lib/snapd/desktop/applications/ubuntu-mate-welcome_software-boutique.desktop /snap/bin/ubuntu-mate-welcome.software-boutique
2018/06/14 08:35:55.358134 cmd_run.go:677: WARNING: cannot create user data directory: no se puede crear “/home/israel/snap/ubuntu-mate-welcome/168”: mkdir /home/israel/snap: not a directory
cannot create user data directory: /home/israel/snap/ubuntu-mate-welcome/168: Not a directory
israel@israel-H61H2-CM:~$
israel@israel-H61H2-CM:~$

It seems to be unable to create the snap dir in your home. Do you already have one? or a file named “snap” there?
What happens if you try to create it?

mkdir ~/snap

It says it already exist

In the home appears only a zero bytes file named snap, no a directory

Then, try to delete it and create a dir with that name instead. Then, try again to start Welcome and the Software Boutique.

Thanks. It works now. I am very grateful of your kind help and patience.