Ubuntu MATE 19.04 is out!

Ubuntu MATE 19.04 final release is available now! :tada: See our blog for details about the NVIDIA driver installer and other new features in this release. Bespoke images for GPD Pocket & Pocket 2 are also available.

We have already started planning for the 19.10 development cycle and we'll share some of our plans and progress after the Easter break :slight_smile:

19 Likes

when

sudo do-release-upgrade -c

will be working?

2 Likes

I really enjoy it when you keep the community regularly updated on things with MATE and wish you would do it all year long although I understand you have many other things to do, ie your job, Ubuntu Podcast, and traveling. Thank you for your many hours of hard work

2 Likes

There be Problems!!!

I did the 18.10 to 19.04 upgrade this morning (4/19) after updates percolated to .es. (The 18.10 was a hardly-used clean install from a few months back.)

Update appears to be OK, but following messages were displayed:

Could not install "linux-image-5.0.0-13-generic"
The upgrade will continue but the "linux-image-5.0.0-13-generic" package may not be in a working state. Please consider submitting a bug report about it.
trigger looping, abandoned

followed by:

Could not install the upgrades
The upgrade has aborted. Your system could be in an unusable state. A recovery will run now (dpkg-configure --a)

and finally:

Upgrade complete
The upgrade has completed but there were errors duiring the upgrade process.

So I ran 'sudo dpkg --configure -a' before reboot, as recommended here 1825420

System Monitor reports Release 19.04 and 5.0.0-13-generic x86_64. It initially all seems OK, but glad it wasn't my daily driver :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah we've encountered that a lot during testing, but it doesn't seem to cause any issue. The kernel installs fine and the system is still set to the correct one after reboot even if you don't reconfigure.

2 Likes

Hi I have experienced the same issue too, will my system be stable or should i wait for the next update of the issue, thanks

1 Like

Distrowatch has written review about Ubuntu MATE 19.04

https://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20190429#ubuntumate

3 Likes