Ubuntu MATE 20.04 Beta is out!

I agree - I'm basically using it as my daily driver right now... (I have a laptop with 19.10 on it just in case something fails me at a crucial time!)

2 Likes

I am currently using 18.04. I tried 19.04 and 19.10 but they were broken with the same legacy error I saw in 18.04. Obviously it is more fun to write new code than to fix bugs in old code. I have stopped reporting bugs since the reports are all removed without any attempt to fix the bugs.

No I will not try 20.04.

A Disgusted user,

Robert Pearson

Thank you guys so much for the hard work to keep improving Ubuntu mate, it's been my go to desktop for a number of years now. I will be loading up the latest version and install it on one of my machines... Big thanks

3 Likes

Does this work on Raspberry Pis?

I installed Ubuntu Mate 20.04 and tweaked the heck out of it and haven't broke it yet. I think this might become my daily driver.

Is there a virtual machine program work better with Mate or can I use whatever I'm more comfortable with?

2 Likes

Downloaded and running as my daily driver. Working flawlessly. Thanks for another stellar release.

Patreoned-up!

5 Likes

Welcome! You may be better off asking the virtualisation question in the Support & Help Requests section.

Hola, el funcionamiento es muy bueno, hasta el momento sin bugs y funcionando todo.
saludos.
Lenovo t430 arranque triple ubuntu-mate 20.04/windows 10/mint 19.3

Translation : Hello, the operation is very good, so far without bugs and everything working.
Cheers.

--
Good to hear! There's a multi-lingual section to the forums which you will find here, should you need it.

A post was split to a new topic: X-term confusion

Just did a simple dist upgrade from terminal to 20.04
Went and came back with a drink
Everything seems to work. Nothing broken.
:crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:
Not much risk about 3 days before LTS, you'll tell me...
But happy. So far.
Real good job guys ! :+1:

W

very fast system, tks a lot

12 posts were merged into an existing topic: Ubuntu MATE 20.04 LTS is out!