Ubuntu MATE 20.10 Beta Testing

Please note that there was a new Release Candidate released overnight.

If you are testing, please download or zsync the latest ISO.

1 Like

I used zsync and I have ISO 20201020. That is the one correct?

The lastest respin is 20201021.

Noted. Will download and re-test.

1 Like

I tried with ISO 20201021 as well. Same issue. Screen-reader install is not working (for me at least). As usual, there is no drum sound. I unmuted and pressed Super+1 but it wouldn't start installer. Manually started installer. There is no screen reading.

For install testcases,

1. if we click on 'release notes' link, it takes to Ubuntu discourse page. There we have a note saying "the release notes for official flavors can be found at following links" but those links are just for main web site, not to release info.
  2. Encryption requires separate /boot without which installation does not proceed. If I'm not mistaken, BTRFS can have boot inside encrypted space.
  3. Image for games slide is overlapping with text.

Thanks for all the testing @saivinob it's much appreciated.

1. Is to be expected.
  2. Please feel free to create a bug report about BTRFS and ubiquity.
  3. Noted. I will create a bug report about this.

The sound issues that were affecting OEM installs was resolved by some hard work of the Ubuntu Release team overnight, so we are good on that front.

Expect to see a Final release very soon.

Again, thank you for your testing!

3 Likes

@franksmcb, you are welcome. Thank you too for guidance. And thanks to all those who worked on the release. It was a good learning experience for me.

I tested 20201022 ISOs and could confirm sound issue is resolved. However, I still cannot do screen-reader install. In my case, pressing 'Super+1' still doesn't do anything and once installer window opens screen-reader does not read anything from the window (even on pressing tab) so a visually impaired person knows what he can do next. For comparison, if I press tab in Welcome window, it reads out currently highlighted button/icon. Not sure if I'm doing it wrong way. First time trying this install method. I raised bug report for 'Super+1' anyway as I suspect this shortcut is for Ubuntu proper (dash icon?!).

I'll raise bug report for encrypted boot.

1 Like

I did an in place upgrade from 20.04 to 20.10, looking good, but the Distribution Upgrade window did tell me I was upgrading TO 20.04, not 20.10.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.