Ubuntu MATE 22.04 Beta Testing!

Yaru-Mate-Dark wholly shittt ugly... moved to something light BlackMate with XP style shaded buttons

Really ugly messed up themes in 22.04...

3 Likes

In the end switch to Yaru-Mate-light theme... this theme is quite nice just I have to get used with the switch from previous Mate dark theme.
This white is difficult to endure for eyes, but at least I like it.

I really do not understand why previous Mate theme does no more exist... some people put effort in it to design it so good, and it just disappear overnight... same thing I do not understand why previous Mate Background wallpapers are removed on upgrade, why? maybe I like them

2 Likes

Could the Welcome window be updated with the latest translations please?
And the MATE Tweak as well?

It gives a bad first impression when start the Ubuntu MATE journey.

Can I report something here?

UMATE is missing the window thumb, it is created but just once, not being refreshed.
Not such a big problem but one of the best things in recent Ubuntu versions are these thumbs created.

Have noticed that when I switch to another theme, on next login the window border resets to Yaru while keeping the other elements (controls, icons, pointer) as chosen.

(Installed from 04/07 image, have kept updated including -proposed.)

@mircea you can install mate-themes. They are still in the repositories

Could someone have a look at this?

Thanks Frieder_Saugschmerle.

The mentioned package is already installed and no original Mate theme, as I am missing something?

This topic was automatically closed after 11 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.