Ubuntu MATE 22.10 Kinetic Kudu is out!

i still cannot get a download to boot for installation

Hello rikkian

Well done, you have taken the first step of asking for help and guidance.

Unfortunately, your statement does not provide any specific information. Without detailed information regarding what you have done, how you did it, and how the problem presents itself, no one can help.

So, might I suggest that you:

• Tell us your level of Linux expertise (new-to-Linux, beginner, etc.)
  • Tell us the model of your computer, the type of CPU (e.g. Intel Core i5-3437U), how much RAM your computer has.
  • Tell us how you created the boot-medium (e.g. USB-stick) with Ubuntu-Mate on it.
  • Tell us how you changed your BIOS settings before you booted from the boot-medium.
  • Tell us if you were able to complete the installation.
  • Tell us what happened when you started the computer for the first time following installation.

The more information you provide, the easier it will be for someone to understand where your problem lies and offer advice. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks. I will just forget about upgrading.

i have no experience with ubuntu or linux Intel Core i5 6500 @ 3.20GHz 44 °C
Skylake 14nm Technology on a usb stick unbauntu mate legacy and the other no i was not able to complete the installation it got lost doing the os part of the install it went to windows 10 except when i tried to boot from the f12 key that alters the boot sequence and that is when i ran into the error were it tried to install the boot os part

Hello rikkian

It sounds as if you are trying to install Ubuntu-Mate on a computer that has a Windows operating system already installed - this is called dual-booting.

I tried this myself at work for around 12 months about 7 years ago. I gave it up. I found it to be a never ending source of problems. :face_with_head_bandage:

However, some people do dual boot and seem to be happy doing that.

As I am not qualified by experience or knowledge to advise you about dual-booting I will drop out of the thread now.

Can someone help rikkian with his dual-boot problems?

i have dual booted ubuntu 18.04 on this system but it does not upgrade to the latest version

Please describe the issue you are having. Specifically, the one that is stopping you from upgrading.

You cannot do an upgrade directly from 18.04 to 22.10
18.04 > 20.04 > 22.04 are all LTS (Long Term Support) releases and would be your best upgrade route.

Th I am updating to 22.04

22.04 will be the safest ie most stable at this stage.
I am running that version on a laptop and one desktop.
Very strong and stable.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.