Ubuntu Mate in official german ubuntuforum

http://ikhaya.ubuntuusers.de/2015/02/27/ubuntu-familie-bekommt-nachwuchs-mit-ubuntu-mate/

1 Like

Ubuntu (all versions) still doesn’t allow you to install everything in German, some things will simply not change; regardless of what I have tried to change in language settings!. :smiley:

1 Like

Don’t worry, It’s a workable way to refresh knowledge of English language! :blush:

1 Like

@Atreju,

what about the people who don’t speak English?, not every person that uses Linux has a command of the Language and when I am asked at the boot process; which language I want to use, I expect the system to react correctly when I select my native language, I don’t want the system half running in two different languages!.

Come on Ubuntu, sort this out please, and while you are there, network connection fallout, screen blanking even though screensaver is disabled, automatic 32 bit support in 64 bit systems, sound support could improve with login sound being active and stop doing two releases a year and maybe; just maybe, you might fix the ongoing niggling problems that have been around for ages!.

Have a nice day!. :smiley:

@wolfman,
a warmly welcome to the recurring Groundhog Day (an hommage to the fantastic movie with Bill Murray)! :blush:

No seriously, I agree absolutely! I understand your doubt. I understand it as a philosophic question. My approach to Linux is the idea of FOSS and the enormous diversity of options. In last case, I see reflection to human being at all. More options are followed by more issues. Nothing is perfect. Of course: with a commercial OS, I wouldn’t have problems with printing every time and I could access to proprietary apps of original developers.
Otherwise, with Linux, I don’t have malaise because malware and other trash anymore, I don’t need to make updates for every single program every second week, and I don’t need to uninstall spyware like bonjour after every flash updates. Further are bluescreens, a botchy system after official system-updates and so on, part of the game as well.
Summary: I chosed Linux, because of the great community, because it’s free (source), because I can create the UI how I want and it’s fast, lovely and safe.
I don’t know, if this is a true answer to your input, but I see it as the architect in the Movie Matrix II said: human beings don’t accept a perfect world!

@Atreju,

its not quite what I meant but I do know what you mean!. :smiley:

Here is a good free magazine for native German speakers (good laid-out website btw!):

https://ikhaya.ubuntuusers.de/2015/12/06/freiesmagazin-12-2015-erschienen/

1 Like

Thanks Wolfman

Great Link! I added it to my rss feed reader.

1 Like

Come on Ubuntu, sort this out please, and while you are there, network
connection fallout, screen blanking even though screensaver is disabled,
automatic 32 bit support in 64 bit systems, sound support could improve
with login sound being active and stop doing two releases a year and
maybe; just maybe, you might fix the ongoing niggling problems that have
been around for ages!.

I agree with your points! For example: since an update two weeks before I can’t use my wifi-printer, nas or spotify sync with mobile device again. I have this bug more or less twice in one year. For now I’m still waiting for a fixing update - fortunately, for the moment my Laptop is not very important.

[Edit:] Sorry, false alarm in this case! The issue with network was probably caused by a router problem. After a reboot, the problems has gone.

1 Like

I can see the frustration when all of your system isn’t communicating in your language. I’d feel the same if a non-English program started talking in two languages. I tried booting in French once and was a bit surprised at some mix-and-match.

It’s all a community effort, some programs haven’t been translated or had their texts updated in a while.

Did a trial run this morning changing completely from English to German but the system is still half and half!. :confused:

Thanks guys, but I guess we are in a misunderstanding about my last post in this discussion.

My frustration was not about the translation in Ubuntu per se (I use the German configuration without any problems, possibly that this especially for beginners could be a problem.), but I talked about recurring issues after updates, particularly printing problems and network fails to my NAS. In the meantime I suppose, that this network-problems are caused by my router of the internetprovider. My previous experience with Microsoft didn’t generate problems in this direction - of course many other problems, those I don’t have no more on Linux. :grin:

1 Like