Ubuntu MATE to Become Official Flavor in a Couple of Days

The “Internet” says so, so it must be true :wink:

7 Likes

For those who missed it: https://plus.google.com/103917631499285627130/posts/DXYLtixtDRP

I hope this won’t mean you will lose your forum and get lost in the official Ubuntu forum like Xubuntu.

According to @Wimpy the community will continue.

2 Likes

Outstanding news Martin

1 Like

Congratulations and well done Martin

This community, the one you helped create, is where I focus my attention and will continue to do so.

This place; is the Ubuntu MATE community :smiley:

7 Likes

Congrats to all involved! I am looking forward to the Mate future.

1 Like

\o/ Yay, congratulations to all developers and the people who help them. And with that I mean this community :smile:

1 Like

Well said, and congrats again.

2 Likes

Nice to see you efforts are finally paying off!
Next consecration: entry in Distrowatch (that will not be in too long I predict).

One practical question: maybe the fact Ubuntu MATE becomes an offical flavour brings more changes under the hood that a simply version update.
Will it be possible to update from 14.10 to 15.04 in a button click, or is a fresh install recommended?

1 Like

Good question about upgrade path. I have not tested it. Perhaps someone could test this in a VM and document the process?

http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=ubuntumate

2 Likes

Thanks Rodrigo.
This is really recent, right? Yesterday again I checked distrowatch and “ubuntu mate remix” was still on the list of “submitted distribution” and not to be found in the “search distribution” drop down menu!

EDIT: Indeed I saw since then that the paint is still fresh on Martin’s announcement.

1 Like

l have to thank all developers and supporters of Ubuntu Mate! It’s a great honor for me to participate this glory days of birth this new distro in to the ubuntu Family. And last but not least, thank you Martin for create Ubuntu Mate! :tada: :fireworks: :confetti_ball:

2 Likes