Ubuntu MATE Ultra HD 4K Wallpapers

I work with a Ultra HD 4K display and like high resolution wallpapers. The resolution of all Ubuntu MATE wallpapers are 1920x1280pixels max while 3840x2160 is required for a solid crip image.

I made up a new one with free to use images but the Ubuntu MATE logo's are not high res enough.
Is there a audience to create more variant? What would be cool as subject? (I'm a big fan of the Aurora Borealis/Northern light teheme).

Do others have cool Ultra HD 4K resolution wallpapers?

Here's are first attempts:

Download original image (Ultra HD)

Download original image (Ultra HD)

14 Likes

Would be great to get some SVG format Ubuntu Mate icons and logos for HD/4K media creation. - Hopefully you’ll be able to get something soon. The Borealis artwork is gorgeous, - it’s turned into something of a standard whenever I want to show UM to new users.

2 Likes

Great tip on HD 4k wallpaper. I’m going to design a few myself.

2 Likes

@richard All I can say is… WOW! As Darth Vader would say, “Impressive. Most Impressive.”

2 Likes

The first one is very nice! Pity I don’t have a 4K display to appreciate them. :frowning:

There’s actually some vector images pre-installed… you can find them here:

• /usr/share/ubuntu-mate-welcome/img/welcome/ubuntu-mate-icon.svg
  • /usr/share/ubuntu-mate-welcome/img/welcome/ubuntu-mate-text.svg

The beautiful thing about vector graphics… the resolution doesn’t matter. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Vector images are most definitely preferred because of the scalability. The logo vector was already in the git repo, the text file is missing.

I looked on my 17.04 Ubuntu Mate installation(s) but I don’t have the ubuntu-mate-text.svg.
richard@Tully:/usr/share/ubuntu-mate-welcome/img/welcome$ ls -l | grep ubuntu-mate
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 5806 jan 18 17:50 ubuntu-mate-gray.svg
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 5890 jan 18 17:50 ubuntu-mate-icon.svg
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 148096 apr 20 00:24 ubuntu-mate-laptop.png

richard@Tully:/usr/share/ubuntu-mate-welcome/img/welcome$ dpkg -l | grep welcome
ii ubuntu-mate-welcome 17.04.12~zesty1.0 all Welcome screen for Ubuntu MATE

Is it a old image from a earlier version of welcome?

Yep, you’re right – I was on 16.04. Nevertheless, you can still find them in xenial-ppa branch:

Hi @richard, please could you upload the original “no logo” versions of these wallpapers here?

Here it is!

6 Likes

Do you have the 4K version of it? Thanks!

yeah 4k resolution no logo would be great!
1439 x 959 reso is a bit blured…