Unable To Format SD Card

I used ubuntu mate pi 3 old version on my 8GB Class 10 SD Card but now 8GB is not enough to install new one so i decided to format it but it’s saying “SD Card Is Protected” But it isn’t. I tried many different card connector and PC’s but still the same. Operating boot partition is still their with data also… Anyone have idea here what to do ???
Directly Mail At :- [email protected]

Can you qualify ‘old version’ and ‘new version’, as this doesn’t say what you are trying.
It sounds like your SD Card has reached the end of usful life, and you need to get new
Derek

1 Like

Better buy some new quality sdcards: https://superuser.com/questions/159602/max-read-writes-to-an-sd-card

Of course you can always try to pave it:

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/[sdcard] bs=1M oflag=sync

If you do this make sure the sdcard doesnt get too hot! (usually a sign to ditch it)

This isn’t a card that has a write protection switch is it?

I managed to destroy my first SD by turning the power off on Pi without using “shutdown” command.
I recall some app (gparted ?) telling me that the card was “write protected” ( SD micro adapter has WP switch on it ! ) when it was still functional.
No longer get that indication. Still curious what exactly went wrong.

PS Life expectancy (?) should be of no concern / issue , the technology is TODAY not yesterday!