Updates, Downloads, & evry 10th Web Page Interupt/Fail on fresh 19.10 Install

I tried changing the mirror several times, as suggested in other forum topics, where I get "Failed to Download Package Files".

It fails to download at random times, no matter what the server is; but it never succeeds at updating a thing. Sometimes many files will download, and it suddenly trips. It's like a clumsy super-fast sprinter, and you're not sure when he's going to hit the dirt; but he always does.

Also of note. I can use the browser on the same machine (I am right now) with no connection issues, save for Firefox failing to restore previous windows on launch.

These are the results of the commands suggested in this troubleshooting guide [ https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PackageManagerTroubleshootingProcedure ] :

:~$ ubuntu-support-status
Support status summary of 'christopher-elitedesk':

You have 1489 packages (81.5%) supported until July 2020 (Canonical - 9m)

You have 0 packages (0.0%) that can not/no-longer be downloaded
You have 339 packages (18.5%) that are unsupported

:~$ cat /etc/dpkg/dpkg.cfg.d/multiarch
cat: /etc/dpkg/dpkg.cfg.d/multiarch: No such file or directory

:~$ dpkg --print-foreign-architectures
i386

:~$ sudo grep -R roxy /etc/apt/*

[no output from this command. Checked "which roxy"... nothing. Skipping roxy commands.]

:~$ echo $http_proxy
[blank line returned]

:~$ echo $ftp_proxy
[blank line returned]

:~$ cat /etc/apt/apt.conf
cat: /etc/apt/apt.conf: No such file or directory

sudo fuser -vvv /var/lib/dpkg/lock
[nothing returned but "which fuser" returns an executable]

:~$ sudo fuser -vvv /var/cache/apt/archives/lock
[nothing returned]

:~$ cat /etc/lsb-release
DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
DISTRIB_RELEASE=19.10
DISTRIB_CODENAME=eoan
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 19.10"

:~$ uname -a
Linux [my computer's name removed for privacy] 5.3.0-18-generic #19-Ubuntu SMP Tue Oct 8 20:14:06 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

:~$ sudo rm /var/lib/apt/lists/lock 
[nothing returned]

:~$ sudo rm  /var/cache/apt/archives/lock
[nothing returned]

:~$ sudo rm /var/lib/dpkg/lock
[nothing returned]

;~$ sudo cp -arf /var/lib/dpkg /var/lib/dpkg.backup  

[These commands are now officially creeping me out--seem pretty aimless. I did not execute the above or the remainder. Let me know if there's a command I should run for more info....]

Sorry, I'm on a deadline. I shouldn't have posted. I'm just gonna hit it with a brute force three-hour installation of the stable release... Hey I may be back even then still O_O....

I'm back in Ubuntu Mate 18..... Same issue!...... What on earth??

I've reinstalled 19.10 to save myself the upgrade later. 'Still in the same boat. Strange network behavior. This is new refurbished machine that is slightly faster than my old one. I don't know what could be wrong. Windows 10 on the other partition has no issues (This is a first of it's kind dichotomy for me).

It would seem to be an unreliable network thing. Every tenth webpage needs to be refreshed in order to load; like a said, it's like a clumsy sprinter.

Just confirming, I had no download or web interruption on the Windows 10 partition. This is a Ubuntu Mate software issue.

I saw an older search result that mentioned something about turning of one of the 802(?) protocols? Maybe that's a lead?