Upgrade a 24.04

Vamos a ver si hay más suerte con este post... ¿Cómo hago upgrade de ubuntu mate 22.04 a 24.04? Un saludo.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/NobleUpgrades

is the link that tells users currently how to upgrade Ubuntu 23.10 to Ubuntu 24.04, where you'll note it also mentions the upgrade from 22.04 LTS to 24.04 LTS, alas that upgrade isn't open yet.

The release notes, plus various announcements for Ubuntu 24.04 LTS mention

Users of Ubuntu 23.10 will soon be offered an automatic upgrade to 24.04. Users of 22.04 LTS will be offered the automatic upgrade when 24.04.1 LTS is released, which is scheduled for the 15th of August. For further information about upgrading, see:

ie. Ubuntu 24.04.1 LTS hasn't been released yet, thus no upgrade is currently supported for Ubuntu 22.04 LTS to Ubuntu 24.04 LTS. This applies to all Ubuntu products, which include Ubuntu MATE, as mentioned in the Ubuntu MATE 24.04 Release Notes.

The upgrade process to Ubuntu MATE 24.04 LTS from either Ubuntu MATE 22.04 LTS or 23.10 is the same as Ubuntu.

The Ubuntu MATE 24.04 LTS Release notes included a copy of the first link I provided.

If you want this in Español, sorry you'll have to wait for another to respond.

1 Like

No funciona nada de lo que pone en la web ni tampco funciona nada de lo que he visto por la red. Cuando le doy a la opción de upgrade a 23.10 se abre una venta que se queda blanco y aunque tiene la opción de ACEPTAR, al darle empieza a salir error de repositorios y fuentes y termina cancelando el proceso. Así en todas las ocasiones que he probado. Alguna idea? También es verdad que siempre que reinstalo linux tengo 1000 problemas a nivel gráfico por la tarjeta que tengo (nvidia). Un saludo y espero consejo.

Hola, @Ivan_Sanchez :slight_smile:

Soy portugués y aunque puedo leer y entender español, no puedo escribir en español. Esta respuesta mía fue escrita en inglés y traducida con la ayuda de "Google Translate". Esperemos que la traducción automática de Google sea buena.

Lo que @guiverc (Chris Guiver) ha escrito es que la ruta de actualización de Ubuntu MATE 22.04 LTS ("Jammy Jellyfish") a Ubuntu MATE 24.04 LTS ("Noble Numbat") solo ocurrirá cuando se lance el primer lanzamiento de punto ("point release"), es decir, Ubuntu MATE 24.04.1 - lo que se espera que suceda solo en agosto de este año (2024). Por lo tanto, debe esperar hasta que eso suceda. Aquí está la traducción automática de la respuesta de @guiverc:

es el enlace que actualmente les dice a los usuarios cómo actualizar Ubuntu 23.10 a Ubuntu 24.04, donde notará que también menciona la actualización de 22.04 LTS a 24.04 LTS, lamentablemente, esa actualización aún no está abierta.

Las notas de la versión, además de varios anuncios para Ubuntu 24.04 LTS mencionan

A los usuarios de Ubuntu 23.10 pronto se les ofrecerá una actualización automática a 24.04. A los usuarios de 22.04 LTS se les ofrecerá la actualización automática cuando se lance 24.04.1 LTS, que está programado para el 15 de agosto. Para obtener más información sobre la actualización, consulte:

es decir. Ubuntu 24.04.1 LTS aún no se ha lanzado, por lo que actualmente no se admite ninguna actualización de Ubuntu 22.04 LTS a Ubuntu 24.04 LTS. Esto se aplica a todos los productos Ubuntu, que incluyen Ubuntu MATE, como se menciona en las [Notas de la versión de Ubuntu MATE 24.04] (Ubuntu MATE 24.04 LTS Release Notes | Ubuntu MATE).

El proceso de actualización a Ubuntu MATE 24.04 LTS desde Ubuntu MATE 22.04 LTS o 23.10 es el mismo que el de Ubuntu.

Las notas de la versión de Ubuntu MATE 24.04 LTS incluían una copia del primer enlace que proporcioné.

Si quieres esto en español, lo siento, tendrás que esperar a que otro responda.

Here's my original text of this reply of mine in English:

Hi, @Ivan_Sanchez :slight_smile:

I'm Portuguese and although I can read and understand Spanish, I can't write in Spanish. So this reply of mine was written in English and translated with the help of "Google Translate". Let's hope the automatic translation by Google is good.

What @guiverc (Chris Guiver) has written is that the Upgrade path from Ubuntu MATE 22.04 LTS ("Jammy Jellyfish") to Ubuntu MATE 24.04 LTS ("Noble Numbat") will only happen when the first point release - that is Ubuntu MATE 24.04.1 - is released, which is only expected to happen in August of this year (2024). So you should wait until that happens. Here's the automatic translation of @guiverc reply:

is the link that tells users currently how to upgrade Ubuntu 23.10 to Ubuntu 24.04, where you'll note it also mentions the upgrade from 22.04 LTS to 24.04 LTS, alas that upgrade isn't open yet.

The release notes, plus various announcements for Ubuntu 24.04 LTS mention

Users of Ubuntu 23.10 will soon be offered an automatic upgrade to 24.04. Users of 22.04 LTS will be offered the automatic upgrade when 24.04.1 LTS is released, which is scheduled for the 15th of August. For further information about upgrading, see:

ie. Ubuntu 24.04.1 LTS hasn't been released yet, thus no upgrade is currently supported for Ubuntu 22.04 LTS to Ubuntu 24.04 LTS. This applies to all Ubuntu products, which include Ubuntu MATE, as mentioned in the Ubuntu MATE 24.04 Release Notes .

The upgrade process to Ubuntu MATE 24.04 LTS from either Ubuntu MATE 22.04 LTS or 23.10 is the same as Ubuntu.

The Ubuntu MATE 24.04 LTS Release notes included a copy of the first link I provided.

If you want this in Español, sorry you'll have to wait for another to respond.

1 Like

Ya no es necesario. Gracias.

1 Like