Usb wifi not detected on startup until I reseat the wifi each time

I have Rosewell USB wifi that is not detected automatically on each boot until I pull out and insert the USB again.

on lsusb I get this:

Bus 001 Device 008: ID 0bda:8172 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8191SU 802.11n WLAN Adapter

Is there a fix for this?

is there any help on this issue?, only problem seems to be after I reboot, just does not get detected…

not getting any help, it is the wifi adapter since another USB adpter works well, any fix for this?

Hi,

have you done a complete system update making sure that your software sources download location is set to “Main server”? (Or the next major server in your region!):

Which version of Ubuntu MATE? I’m having issues with the Wi-Fi causing errors and “cutting off” an awful lot after upgrading to 15.10. Mine is a Netgear WN111v2 USB Adapter.

As a temporary workaround, try restarting the network manager, that seems to do the trick for me:

sudo service network-manager restart
– or –
sudo service NetworkManager restart

updates I use terminal, software install/remove I use synaptic…, but will keep this in mind.

I wasn’t aware of the command, will use this next time ifI have trrouble.

Hi gychang,

try the following 2 terminal commands as it may just be a broken or missing package somewhere?:

sudo apt-get --fix-missing install

The above command downloads and installs any missing packages on your system.

sudo apt-get --fix-broken install

The above command downloads and installs any broken dependencies on your system.

Hope it helps!. :smiley:

Hi,
I’ve had this same issue in the 16.04 LTS release with an Atheros chipset. It was fixed by doing a complete update as suggested by wolfman.

Miles

1 Like

Late but maybe useful to someone else.

I had the same problem and just just needed to configure the interfaces file.

Should looks like:

auto lo

iface lo inet loopback
iface eth0 inet dhcp

auto wlan0
iface wlan0 inet dhcp

This link will help you:

How To Fix No Wireless Network In Ubuntu 14.04 ,14.10 and 16.04. Here i am sharing my experience .I always got error when i reinstall ubuntu or install fresh ubuntu installed. When you install ubuntu , every one face two common issue touchpad or wifi related isuue.
it Working For me.