Use of the logo?

I’ve seen the brand guidelines users of it should abide by, and had seen some.wonderful artwofks from this community (including myself, having contributed some articles here). Juxtaposing the two for comparison, how much of the artwork betrays the inalienability of the wordmark and roundlet, and how far could an artist stretch the master branding before it is an unacceptable breach of brand guidelines?

Hi tiox,

As you have seen, the logo guidelines has just published on the website. Since the team has decided to make some little changes to the style of Ubuntu MATE, has been made necessary to start to set some guidelines to use the Ubuntu MATE logo, in order to make the brand recognizable. This guide is new, so in the future it will be updated and completed.

For your question: at the moment i suggest you to make the Ubuntu MATE logo big enough to be as visible as possible. There isn’t a threshold to respect for the size, the important thing is that it is well recognizable, regardless to the artwork you will make.

In the future it will be added a section in the guidelines about the size of the logo to respect.

Best regards
Roberto

1 Like