Using firefox/thunderbird/kdeconnect results in log off

Device:
Fujitsu Lifebook AH530

I have a very Serious problem which i only have with this device.
This problem even occour with live usb.

The PC immediately log off.

This is the syslog with at least 2 crashes:

I don't have access anytime on the device, but i will try to gather the informations when you need some. I think they will complain about the problem in the near future...

The problem didn't occur with Ubuntu 20.04.
It was a fresh install, only the home folder wasn't deleted (but the firefox error can be reproduced on this device even with live-usb-stick)

The Problem is mate.
I installed vanilla-gnome-desktop and it looks like the error didn't occour with this desktop environment.
I saved some logs, if you want to fix this error and need some logs, tell me which you need.

Tested it with Ubuntu Mate 22.04.1

It's pretty good right now, couldn't reproduce it in thunderbird and firefox in a quick test.

But changing the keyboard language in mate resulted in a immediate logoff :frowning:

Hi, @JokerGermany .

I will take a wild guess here (and I may be completely wrong!): considering that you wrote that "changing the keyboard language in mate resulted in a immediate logoff" and by looking at the "Ubuntu 22.04 Mate crash" paste that you've included in your Original Post in this topic (on 2nd June 2022) - Ubuntu 22.04 Mate crash - Pastebin.com - I'm wondering if that automatic "logout" is related to the fact that your "home directory" is apparently NOT Under "/home"? Example of a relevant excerpt from your "pastebin":

(...)
432. Jun 2 16:46:06 AH530 arctica-greeter-set-keyboard-layout: Current keyboard configuration: rules: evdev#012model: pc105#012layout: de
433. Jun 2 16:46:06 AH530 arctica-greeter-set-keyboard-layout: Applying keyboard configuration: ['setxkbmap', '-model', 'pc105', '-layout', 'de', '-variant', '', '-option', '', '-v']
434. Jun 2 16:46:06 AH530 snapd-desktop-integration.snapd-desktop-integration[20727]: Sorry, home directories outside of /home are not currently supported.
435. Jun 2 16:46:06 AH530 snapd-desktop-integration.snapd-desktop-integration[20727]: See https://forum.snapcraft.io/t/11209 for details.
436. Jun 2 16:46:06 AH530 systemd[20658]: snap.snapd-desktop-integration.snapd-desktop-integration.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
437. Jun 2 16:46:06 AH530 systemd[20658]: snap.snapd-desktop-integration.snapd-desktop-integration.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
(...)

1 Like

Thanks for your answer.
I use this script before the installation:

and this script after the installation:

root is /
home is /home
programs is /programs
=> No home is in /home

BTW:
Its not my computer.
I used the same script on multiple computers without problems.
Only this computer has the problem.
The user would be happy, if she could use ubuntu mate instead vanilla gnome...