Using the Tilda Terminal

After using Tilda for some time I can’t live without it. It is convenient and often more quicker than the default terminal. I played so many Quake engine/Source engine games back in the days so this just feels awesome. I like having a one button terminal, in fact before I discovered Tilda I had the the Tilde key set as the short cut for the terminal. I think unless you have less than 2 GB of Ram you don’t to worry about the 80 MB that it uses.

3 Likes

A good reason to read [or at least glance] at all the posts here as one never knows what one may learn!

I discovered Tilda Terminal about 2 weeks ago when reading through this site. I had absolutely no idea what it was or how to use it. After a bit of searching I tried TT and absolutely love it - much easier to access by using F11 than Ctrl-Alt-t

1 Like

From Ubuntu MATE 16.10 Tilda will still be installed by default but won’t be auto-started by default. There will be a new option to enable the pull-down terminal in MATE Tweak.

This change has been made to preserve the extremely useful feature, but minimise memory use of the default configuration :slight_smile:

3 Likes