Wacom Bamboo One tablet and dual-screen behaviour

Would like to use my base (entry-level) Wacom Bamboo One (CTE-660) on my Ubuntu MATE 20.04 desktop. The tablet gets recognized correctly and from desktop point of view moving the stylus on the tablet seems to be treated as mouse movement, and across the 2 monitor. I understand that this is how tablets are expected to work, i.e. the entire extended desktop visible on multi-monitors is treated as a default large canvas. However, if I'd like it to be configured to only treat one of the monitors at a time (both of which have different resolutions, one being UXD and other being FHD) as it's canvas, it is possible ? Does this tablet have any graphical or CLI configuration tool using which pressure, tilt, sensitivity could be configured, and it's button click mapping be configured ?

For instance, even inside, Gimp (with Gimp started after tablet is plugged-in), the behaviour of the tablet isn't intuitive. Even after selecting brush, dragging stylus has no effect, with/without button press or pressure amount. It seems to behave a bit like mouse would, but still not quite.

On Ubuntu MATE, is there something equivalent to this available on Ubuntu (mothership)!
https://help.ubuntu.com/stable/ubuntu-help/wacom.html.en

There is a command-line tool called xsetwacom exactly for this purpose. Please read more about its capabilities by checking the manual page for it: man xsetwacom.

To answer your dual-monitor question specifically, I just happened to be researching Wacom tablets myself and came across this blog post for a different Wacom tablet model:

The stuff pertaining to multi-monitor setups is in the second half of the article. It appears that much of the content holds true for other Wacom tablets as well, though understand that I haven't tried the directions in the post myself yet (I don't have the money for a second monitor).

Good luck!

2 Likes

Thanks @gordon. That is a useful article link.

Indeed xsetwacom, xinput and xrandr are three indispensable command line tools. I had found those last evening, but was hoping that there'd be a simpler graphical tool tucked-in out-of-clear-sight somewhere. Alas, there isn't one to be found (so far), and CLIs will have to do.