Wacom control panel

Hello there.
I think I might (conditional) have found a solution.
It needs some workaround but isn’t that difficult.
You know, I am no expert too, but i do like to try things on my own.
Let’s do it step by step.
I am on Ubuntu Mate 16.04 64 bit
First of all as previously reported, be sure to install gnome-control-center
Then let’s modify the file /usr/share/applications/gnome-control-center.desktop
Open a terminal (I use Terminator) and type sudo pluma /usr/share/applications/gnome-control-center.desktop
On line number 9 (In my case is line number 9 but it might be different, depending on how the system si configured), be sure to add MATE; so that the line will appear as follow --> OnlyShowIn=GNOME;Unity;MATE;
I tested it on my laptop and tried to launch gnome-control-center from CLI
THAT WASN’T ENOUGH. The Icon simply didn’t appear.
I started to search around my system and i found out there is another file that has to be modified.
So, Save this and close Pluma.
Go back to your terminal and type —> sudo pluma /usr/share/applications/gnome-wacom-panel.desktop
You will notice, probably, that in the line number 11 (always referring to my system) there is this specification --> OnlyShowIn=GNOME;Unity;Mate;
Change the “Mate;” in “MATE;
so that this line too will appear like this --> OnlyShowIn=GNOME;Unity;MATE;
Save and close Pluma editor

Now from CLI try to run gnome-control-center again. Be sure to do that as normal user and not admin. In my case if i do launch it as superuser the icon still doesn’t pop up. But it does if i run it as normal user.

Let me know if this is somehow of any help cause it actually worked for me.
:wink:
Now i can play around with my Intuos Art Small.
At least at a basic level. It works with any graphic desing app (Gimp, Inkscape, Mypaint, Krita)
It still need some work for mapping physical buttons on the tablet itself and i am reading around to make them usable too.
Also the double screen setting still make my gnome-control-center crash :frowning:
I really hope it will work for you too :slight_smile:
If so, happy I could be of help.
PS i read a lot of forums but i hardly post because of time problem. So sorry about this too :frowning:

Hi, another Mate user wanting to map my Wacom tablet to a single monitor here. The above instructions are great for getting the Wacom Tablet control panel up, but clicking on “Map to Monitor…” causes the applet to crash. This really is something that needs to be looked at by the Mate desktop developers.

$ gnome-control-center

** (gnome-control-center:19955): WARNING **: Ignoring launcher landscape-client-settings (missing desktop file)

** (gnome-control-center:19955): WARNING **: Invalid categories System;Settings; for panel software-properties-gtk.desktop

** (gnome-control-center:19955): WARNING **: Ignoring launcher ubuntuone-installer (missing desktop file)

(gnome-control-center:19955): wacom-cc-panel-WARNING **: Failed to create GnomeRRScreen: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.gnome.Mutter.DisplayConfig was not provided by any .service files

(gnome-control-center:19955): GnomeDesktop-CRITICAL **: gnome_rr_screen_list_outputs: assertion ‘GNOME_IS_RR_SCREEN (screen)’ failed
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

1 Like