WANTED : Programmer to Write Macros for LibreOffice Calc

I want to hire someone to write some macros for my use in LibreOffice Calc running on Ubuntu MATE Linux 19.1. I think my computers need to have a Java runtime installed in order to run these macros. I seem to damage my system when I install Java. My computers do not have hard drives. They run on Ubuntu MATE installed on a USB memory stick. I could provide a clone of these memory sticks. They contain only the Operating System with only a printer installed and some customization. All my data is contained on separate USB memory sticks.

I will give you the details of what I need so you can quote a price, but before I develop that detail I want to be sure I have found a correct person to do this work and that I can afford it.

One example of a macro I need written would be used as a "sub macro" in a LibreOffice Calc spreadsheet which I have developed to keep the financial records for my church. I need to strip the formulas from a small specified sections of the spreadsheet and leave only the presently calculated values. Once the section is selected this can be done by:

1. Copying the section with Control C.

2. Pasting this back on the section with Shift Control V, specifying to only paste values, etc, WITHOUT formulas.

Another subroutine I need is merely to go to a particular location specified in a cell, Such as “BJ12”. That cell would contain a location based on on other information in the spreadsheet.

I do not know how to connect these submacros together, and may not be able to learn. I can work on the terminal, but only if I can copy the code. I am old and can not type correctly. It is now impossible for me to type more than a few keystrokes without making errors.

I could send you the spreadsheets I have developed and give you specific tasks which I need to have automated. I use these without needing these macros, but I need to turn this work over to other people who think what I do is too complicated. It would also spare me the requirement of carefully repeating this work periodically and avoiding making mistakes.

I look forward to working with someone on this project.

Thanks for any offers or suggestions of programmers who will do this work!

1 Like

Sorry to get back to you a year later. I've never seen this thread before.

Do you still need this work done? I have plenty of skills in this field and could assist you in this.

The details sound confidential so I ask that if you want me to help you, please email me at (address mildly scrambled to avoid spambots): gordsqsh [at] protonmail [dot] com.

Again, sorry I didn't see this for so long.

1 Like

Squash:

I am still interested in having some work writing macros and maybe some code. A lot has changed since last year:

I have converted to a spreadsheet in Google Sheets which has some macro capabilities.
I am also interested in moving spreadsheet data from a bank into a Google Sheet with a program like a macro.
This is all for my church's accounting system which is completely contained in a Google Sheet containing about 8 sheets.
All the data contained is confidential.

Please let me know by return email if this is something you would be able and willing to work on, and how you charge.

Peter

Again, my email address is: gordsqsh [at] protonmail [dot] com.

I would contact you via email now, but you made no indication what your email address is, so I'm relying on you contacting me if you're interested in this.

I'm not so familiar with Google Sheets, but I shall be looking into its macro capabilities if that's what the job now requires. I was originally planning for LibreOffice macros.