Welcome Screen corrupted

Some time ago I downloaded an update for Ubuntu MATE Welcome Screen. Ever since it installed my Welcome screen has been corrupted and has been that way ever since. I did find a way to stop this screen from launching at boot up.

This is what it looks like now.

file:///home/albert/Desktop/Screenshot%20at%202017-08-18%2016:30:36.png

Is there a fix for this? And if there is, how do I again get this Welcome Screen to launch at boot up.

You can probably tell, I am not a sophisticated of this OS, but I do like it.

Is the boutique corrupted too? (When you click on “Software”)

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, the “Software Boutique” appears to be corrupted as well. I didn’t know that because I have never clicked on it before. This is what it looks like:

The more I try out this Ubuntu MATE the better I like it, but it sure has a lot of non-descriptive names for things.

Regards.

Albert Smith..........

It’s possibly an issue with WebKit2, which is responsible for rendering Welcome and Software Boutique. You say it started after installing an update though?

Does it happen in other web-based programs, like Firefox? What graphics card do you have, and do you know if you installed any “additional drivers” for it?

Luke:

I have no idea what a WebKit2 is.

The problem with the corruption of the Welcome screen on my Ubuntu MATE started quite a while ago (many months) immediately after a software update. Prior to that it was OK. I did not know about the corruption of the Software Boutique screen also until you asked about it. I have not seen any other such problems, e.g. Firefox.

I really don’t know what graphics card is in my computer, and the only additional drivers that may have been installed would have been done by Ubuntu software updates. The computer running this OS is a Dell desktop that was running Windows XP. Everything was wiped off its hard drive when I installed Ubuntu MATE.

When I first saw the corrupted Widows screen I enquired about disabling it, and received a code to do so. Now it does not launch when I boot up the computer.

Thanks for your kind help and attention.

Regards.

Albert Smith…