What is this problem?

I messed around with the mount command, and now any app which tries to open Caja for browsing gives the message on the picture

I want to get help from the community because the Places menu doesnt work and as I said nothing can open Caja. Interestingly it can be opened from the applications menu.

Hallo titanium 12345

Sometimes, when exploring your GNU/Linux OS and your knowledge thereof you can end up painting yourself into a corner.

If faced with such a situation my standard answer is to re-install. It takes a little time, but it’s a great problem solver. :slight_smile:

Hi @titanium12345,

if you do a re-install, please see the following which will keep your data intact!:

Install Ubuntu (Mate) using "Something else" method :smiley:

Personally, I'd be inclined to back up any important data on the machine, then poke at the error a bit more before re-installing the system. For starters, it seems there's an error mounting a loop device (/dev/loop5). I'd try running "lsblk" to try and find out what it's actually being used for. On an installed system it's probably a Snap package, like in example this here...

Not entirely sure what I'd do after that... probably uninstall and reinstall the offending Snap... If it's the Core Snap like on my system you'll have to remove and re-install all of you're snaps.