Whats the smallest, cheapest computer that can run ubuntu mate?

Hello.
Looking for the smallest pc stick/ regular pc/ raspberry pi that can run ubuntu mate newst version. Fot creating security camera. I like ubuntu mate and dont want to use other o.s.
Thanks!

It makes no sense to use Ubuntu MATE expressly for setting up a security camera. Please consider using Ubuntu server edition. Start off with the pre-installed 16.04 image from here and attempt to update it, then after you do that use some other guides on how to set up a Pi as a security device and convert the instructions so it works with Debian / Ubuntu.

Note you may still need to build from source some of the software you need if you cannot find a Debian package for it, and cannot convert a package from another system with the help of alien. You may also find some interest in the Snap package format Canonical conceived as a universal standard for software distribution.

You should also make the system use an SSD as your storage medium (SATA connected via USB), as SD cards are not reliable long-term means of storing large video files. There are more than enough instructions online about moving the system and booting from USB.

Thak you for the replay. I still want to use ubuntu mate or regullar. I dont have time to learn how to oparte new o.s.
I have try in the past and its taking alot of time and nothing is simple. I know ububtu and its good for me. Same as sd card storage.