When idle my screen goes black

My power settings is off sleep. How do I fix this?
It happens when I stop using the keyboard and the mouse, even if I play a video it goes black screen.

Check you settings here:

Control Center -> Power Management
and
Control Center -> Screensaver

Alternatively you could install Caffeine from the Software Boutique

1 Like

Yes, I turned off everything in power management. Still blacks out

I can't find Caffine.

1 Like

Thanks @mdooley

Spelling error on my part.

1 Like

Don't sweat it @franksmcb. You do good work.

1 Like

Okay thanks to both of you. I don't have to do any thing on the Caffeine right other than activating it?

Please show us screenshots of all your power management settings.

I would suggest this for general -

power_general

Okay thanks, I'll observe it now. I'll come back to tell what's the results with the Caffeine on and that new general settings.

Hi, the Caffeine works. But, how do I automatically activate it? It's already checked on the startup applications, but it doesn't work. I have to manually activate it every shutdown.

Use Applications, Accessories, Caffeine Indicator to get the on-off Caffeine indicator to show in the system tray at the upper right (if using the Traditional layout).

caffeine_indicator

It is the measuring cup like icon to the right of the email icon. I have never used Caffeine and know nothing about it. You are on your own from here on out Qaet.

Yes, I know. But, my problem is how do I put the Caffeine Indicator in the startup applications? The only thing that shows is Caffeine I think I need the Caffeine Indicator, so I won't be activating it manually all the time.

Startup Apps, Add, Name: Caffeine, Command: caffeine-indicator. Every time you boot to desktop, click on the Caffeine Indicator icon in the system tray.

Why is this so hard?

1 Like