When logging in from suspend, no touch keyboard

Hi, I'm using an HP ProBook convertible laptop running Ubuntu-Mate 20.04. I'm looking for the functionality to fully detach the keyboard and do 99% of my computing via touch. There are definitely some quirks but I feel like I'm about 90% there.

I have one glaring problem. when logging back in from suspend, there's no option for an onscreen keyboard or any way I can see to add one. Just a box to enter a password with a few buttons. How can I add onscreen keyboard functionality to this screen? I'm able to use the on screen keyboard everywhere but this one screen when coming back from suspend.

Thanks!

Did you see the Onboard feature ? Under Universal Access and/or through the Control Center. This should work and solve your issue, I guess.
I have an HP Spectre. It works well with or without the keyboard (i.e. when folding the machine in sandwich)

I'm already using the e Onboard feature. The problem is I don't want to leave the keyboard attached or the machine unlocked. I'll manually lock the screen or make it go into suspend.

The issue is the lock screen has no on screen keyboard. I can't find any option to add one anywhere in the control center or the lock screen itself. It works fine when you first log in, but if you suspend or lock afterwards, there's no way to get an onscreen keyboard on the lock screen thatt I can see.

I've looked all over Control Center. Nothing I can find in Onboard, Screensaver, Login Window or anywhere else.