When will 22.04 upgrade come out?

I upgraded my Desktop Mate computer to 22.04 from 20.04 using update code. I have a second PC still using 20.04 and I guess it's safe to upgrade it now.

I don't want to get through the routine I did for the first upgrade...looking for the easy way. I'm in no big hurry, i can wait.

I'm just wondering: Does anyone know when the regular upgrade will come out so it's available in the "software updater" ?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

The Ubuntu 22.04 LTS release annoucements such as Ubuntu Fridge | Ubuntu 22.04 LTS (Jammy Jellyfish) released include the text

Users of Ubuntu 21.10 will soon be offered an automatic upgrade to 22.04. Users of 20.04 LTS will be offered the automatic upgrade when 22.04.1 LTS is released, which is scheduled for the 4th of August. For further information about upgrading, see: ...

Ubuntu MATE uses the standard Ubuntu release upgrade tools as all flavors do, thus details like this apply to Ubuntu-MATE too.

Ubuntu jammy jellyfish schedule can be found at Jammy Jellyfish Release Schedule - Release - Ubuntu Community Hub

FYI: The ISO release of Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS is scheduled for 4 August, but I'd not expect the upgrade to be offered until the next week.

4 Likes

Thank you! Very helpful reply

1 Like