Where are the raspberry pi 5 support?

I'm waiting raspberry pi 5 support because rasbian is very bad

2 Likes

probably won't be here till after 24.04 is released

1 Like

Welcome @Meb to the community!

Are you saying that you cannot run U-MATE on the Pi-5? If so, I wonder why that is.

1 Like

entirely different hardware than the pi 4 you probably could make a pi 5 build now but it probably won't happen till after 24.04 and standard ubuntu 24.04 may well support the pi 5 which would mean a lot less work for the team than trying to hack together a 23.10 build that will only be supported for less than 9 months

2 Likes

I too am chomping at the bit for everything "Raspberry Pi 5" to hit the shelves... including Ubuntu Mate. As with every new hardware/technology release (not just RPi5) the software and peripheral communities are always trying to catch up to them.

1 Like

Welcome @RichGen to the community!

1 Like

I have been able to image an SSD to Ubuntu Server (using RPi Imager image) & install ubuntu-mate-desktop & ubuntu-mate-welcome with PI-Apps & get things running. Just don't install 6.5.0-1008, it will not USB boot on RPi 5.

Run "apt-get update && apt-get upgrade", but NOT "apt update && apt upgrade". Then you should be able to still USB boot.

1 Like

Is this the Release 22.04.3 LTS (Jammy Jellyfish) 64-bit for ARM server code base you are referring to? (we have been running it on our Pi 4's)