Where could I find an armhf build of ubuntu mate 16.04.2?

Hi,

I buy a new SBC called Asus Tinker Board and I like it so much.
I have many raspberry pis too and I love ubuntu mate running on them :slight_smile:
I want to try to make a build of ubuntu mate for my new Asus Tinker Board, I found a link with the instruction here :

But the version available is too old !

@Wimpy
Is it somewhere an update version of ubuntu (16.04.2 could be great :slight_smile: )mate armhf-rootfs ?

Thank you,

Aworan

There is not usual download it it is not x86 or x86_64 architecture. It is armhf and not a specific version for raspberry pi.
What I need is armhf generic version.

So is this a lie? Look at the lower right hand corner of the screenshot.
If you click on that, it takes you to a download page with several
options: Bittorrent, direct download or purchase.

I notice that Asus makes no representation that it will run Raspberry Pi OS's. They have their own version of Debian/LXDE and you can install Mate on that if you like. It's called always check compatibility before you buy.

Yes there is rapsberry pi (armv7 architecture) download but it will not work on tinkerboard.
The hardware is not the same even if it the same armv7 architecture so it need a different kernel, drivers and bootloader …[quote=β€œwh7qq, post:4, topic:14285”]
I notice that Asus makes no representation that it will run Raspberry Pi OS’s. They have their own version of Debian/LXDE and you can install Mate on that if you like.
[/quote]

I use already mate over their debian environnement, but I want to make a version of ubuntu mate for tinkerboard and it is what is about this page :

It is for making new ubuntu mate version for another armv7 boards.
But the version available is old (15.04), I am looking for if is it newer build of it !
Then I could do my custom version with tinkerboard specific bootloader, kernel and X11 drivers.
So my question is where I could find newer versions if they exists.
Did you look at my link ?

Try Armbian for your Tinkerboard (it’s Ubuntu based), it runs better than those buggy made Asus images. Armbian comes with XFCE, you could always try to remove it and install MATE instead. https://www.armbian.com/tinkerboard/

I already tried but I want to try to make a real Ubuntu mate image for tinkerboard. It will not be to difficult is the arm roots is available. Just to copy bootloader / kernel. Then some driver customisation for X. It is a pitty it seems that is not available anymore …

well just try this URL and select the OS you preferred. I am still waiting for may Tinkerboard with eager to install ubuntu mate on it .
http://www.elar-systems.com/website/index.php/entertainment/member-area/summary/2-downloads/20-asus-tinkerboard-ubuntu16-04-2-lts-lxqt-elar-systems-sd-v1