Why Compton freezes videos on browsers?

Using Marco + compton all videos playing on my browsers : firefox or falkon or chromium freeze and I need to move mouse or click on browser title bar or somewhere inside window to resume playing, but only image is stopped and sound continues to play normally while freezing. But when I choose Marco without compositor all videos are playing perfectly on browser without freezing.

This is my compton config

backend = "glx";
glx-no-stencil = true;
glx-copy-from-front = false;
glx-swap-method = 1;
vsync = "opengl-swc"; 
detect-rounded-corners = true;
detect-client-leader = true;
detect-transient = true;
detect-client-opacity = true;
paint-on-overlay = true;
unredir-if-possible = true;
inactive-opacity-override = true;
mark-wmwin-focused = true;
mark-ovredir-focused = true;
use-ewmh-active-win = true;
clear-shadow = true;
fading = false;
no-fading-openclose = true;
shadow = false;
no-dnd-shadow = true;
no-dock-shadow = true;

I have normal Intel graphic card

description: VGA compatible controller
   product: Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller
   vendor: Intel Corporation
   physical id: 2
   bus info: pci@0000:00:02.0
   version: 07
   width: 64 bits
   clock: 33MHz
   capabilities: msi pm vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
   configuration: driver=i915 latency=0

I tried the default compton config given when selecting Marco(Compton) in Tweak window, but it gives the same freezing as my config.

could you try watching a video with mpv/vlc to see if it happens there as well?

could you also run a SMART check on your drive.

I watch hd videos on smplayer, vlc and popcorn without any problems, and I executed SMART short self test and everything is normal. The only problem is when playing video on browsers like youtube.

My girlfriend had the same problem but after I’ve change the ssd with another one everything it normal.

I had problems with compton since moving to gtk3, interface hangs from time to time, so i use compiz and suggest you to do the same.

Smart will not show all the time problems. Hade 4 hdd and 2 ssd’s that on smart test everything was great but in real life not. The good thing was that i had them in warranty and i did get new ones.

But the problem is gone when disabling Compton, there is no reason for me to buy new laptop with SSD to play video, and plus this was working perfectly in Ubunttu Mate 16.04

Yea sorry i was tired and forgot that was a problem with only one video compozitor. My bad.