WiFi connectivity issues on RPi3 on UM16.04

Hi there everyone!

I’ve bought a RPi3 some time ago, and after using it for my every-day work I’ve noticed some connectivity issues via WiFi. Sometimes the RPi will just disconnect, show me the “You’re disconnected” notification, then, after around 1,5 minute it works again. It’s very frustrating and I could swear that it didn’t happen initially. I’m using a wireless router connected to a Windows laptop in the adjacent room and I’ve never encountered similar issues on my other WiFi-oriented devices (such as my phone, smart TV, or PS4 console), the RPi is the only one having problems. Moreover, it constantly shows a very low WiFi signal, even though every other device shows a strong, “healthy” one.

If anyone knows what could this be, please help me, it’s seriously hindering my work.

Hi @LudiBeat,

try the following terminal command (Ctrl + Alt + t) if it happens again:

sudo service network-manager restart

There is a newer network manager in the planning!:

Link provided by @Cold :thumbsup:

It kinda worked but I can’t shake off the feeling that it did that internet “hiccup” again, although for a few seconds less.

Run updates as there was a new version of Network Manager the other day!. :smiley:

1 Like

What a simple solution - after running the updates it works… I’m stunned. I thought it was more of a RPi problem, because I’ve seen lots of people having it. Thanks @wolfman ! Much oblidged!