Wifi is superslow compared to windows (Newbie)

Hi.

Was wondering if anyone could help me solve my wifi problem. Get download speeds at about 200-500kbs in ubuntu, while in windows I get 3mbs. Please help :frowning:

Click> Control Center>Click> Additional Drivers, and if see available, then click the install, and reboot.

1 Like

Only drivers that pops up are nvidia drivers. I have wifi drivers installed and can connect to network trough wifi but its terribly slow. Have also tried the old disable 802.11N trick, wich didnt help me alot… I have intel celerino n2830 wifi… Any suggestions ?

What wireless network card are you running? Do you know if there are any specific Linux drivers for it?

Sometimes, it’s just a hardware compatibility issue. I switched from a (supposedly) perfectly functioning B/G/N card only getting me half of my available wireless bandwidth to an AC card and recaptured the whole pipe.

do you have realtek…9 ?

Check out the update guide and make sure you have your software download sources (Download from) set to “Main” and that “Canonical” is ticked!:

I’m not saying this will solve your problem but it won’t hurt!. :smiley:

1 Like

Intel celerino n2830 is the actual wireless card. Ive been to other threads all over the net and tried different things, wich hasnt worked for me. Thought maybe someone here maybe has had or experienced the same thing with the same card, that had a solution for me :frowning:

This is what I got after lshw -C network command

*-network
description: Wireless interface
product: Centrino Wireless-N 2230
vendor: Intel Corporation
physical id: 0
bus info: pci@0000:03:00.0
logical name: wlan0
version: c4
serial: 68:5d:43:82:f1:95
width: 64 bits
clock: 33MHz
capabilities: pm msi pciexpress bus_master cap_list ethernet physical wir

Try downloading and installing the latest Wireless adapter firmware/driver from Intel:

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/iwlwifi

BTW: It’s the Intel “Centrino” line, not “Celerino”.