Will Compiz-Fusion-Plugins-Extra / Compiz-Plugins-Extra ever be coming back?

I don’t see why not if you compile the packages yourself. Currently I have only built for 16.04 (gtk2).

The problem, as I’m sure you are aware, is that gtk3 continually changes things, so in something like debian testing you need to keep compiling the latest available code.

Currently client side decorations are broken, but that is the case for 0.8 and 0.9. I’m hoping that is not so hard to fix, and I’ll have a stab at it sometime in 0.8.

My problem is that there is graphical glitches. When something moves, like a window. The previous frame remains and does not get cleared. This happens on debian-testing with MATE, not with XFCE or KDE.

Debian (testing) MATE with the numix circle theme looks very different to the numix circle theme on Ubuntu MATE 16.04.

Here is the bug i'm talking about.

Some problem with Marco drawing the desktop background?

https://github.com/compiz-reloaded/compiz/issues/40

Don’t upgrade to 16.10 yet if you love Compiz 0.8 because it breaks my system, every time I try to reinstall it.

That’s rather brief and negative.

Well, not all truth has to be positive now does it? I am still trying to figure out some stuff with that so i can report it is possible in 16.10 but it seems like a lot more work than it use to be.

You’re right, and it was something wrong on my end. 16.10 can use Compiz 0.8 just fine.

This saved 16.04 for me. Thanks. :+1: