[Wishlist] - What would you like to see in future releases?

@Sothis6881 Is Clipit a similar programme to clipgrab.org ?

We love to have new, modern and good looking theme for this great distribution !

stars when I type password in Terminal. I have to add this myself using visudo, but it would be good as a standard. Good for Noobs and I like it too.

Integrated google drive without need to install gnome stuff (which I did).

An easy way to create a restore point> something like "time-shift" in LinuxMint. preferably using a USB stick so it doesn't rely on anything but changing the boot order to bring me back to a previous time I just can't resist fooling with the distro, sometimes with disastrous results and being a nooby, I have 't the time to develop the skills to restore some of my botched changes. My modification of "fstab" this evening trying to mount a second HDD just about made me throw in the towel. If Linux is ever going to make gains against Windows, there must be an easy way to undo a nooby's screw ups.

1 Like

eOS also has notifications when tasks finish in the terminal. I love that feature.

1 Like

time-shift is pretty nice. It is my go to after I get the urge to live dangerously.

1 Like

Drawers with X / Y offset to adjust how they appear when opened, and spacers which could also act as their own separate containers for housing other items, or left blank for padding out certain panel items.

Drawers which also have icons which expand inside the panel (shelves?) would also be fun, but I woulddn't expect that to be practical for most people.

a11y: Optional override to colour the window list buttons (with various saturation and brightness tweaks applied after the colour changes) for easier identification of programs in the window list.

Was going to suggest this for the titlebar also, but too many themes, and too complex to implement unless MATE team wishes to create their own window decorator, or modify Emerald with an engine which permits this.

Been a while since I posted here, but one feature I get asked a lot from friends that play a lot of FPS games is a GUI option to disable mouse acceleration.

I have seen it on ElementaryOS and GNOME3 (if you use Gnome Tweaks). Think Xfce and kde have it, but not 100% sure on that...

Anyway, it would be nice if Mate had that option in the mouse settings.

I think it's already in mouse settings. @Cold

Imrpoved Global Menu, because it crashes sometimes, I can't provide logs right now. Also: which logs?

Improved Brisk Menu in Dash mode for Mutiny layout. Ability to select custom apps grid like 5x7 or 6x6, something like this. Also something like compact mode, which would show smaller (not full screen) app grid, like 3x3 or 4x4. @Wimpy

1 Like

Checked there @BAKCYL, and it does not disable it. To check if its disabled, on a terminal type:

xinput list-props {1..50} 2>/dev/null | fgrep 'libinput Accel Profile Enabled ('

You should get something like

libinput Accel Profile Enabled (300): 1, 0

Where the last two numbers are adaptive(acceleration) profile and flat profile. For it to be disabled you want a flat profile, so the numbers should show off as 0, 1.

GNOME3 on flat profile and GNOME3 on default profile.

ElementaryOS on flat profile and ElementaryOS on default profile(ignore the first terminal answer I forgot to delete it lol).

Searching around I found a link of an old topic talking about how the sensitivity option in pointer speed is really the acceleration threshold. So it would be nice to fix the naming and add a sensitivity option. @Bill_MI that solution still working?

Hi @Cold. All the parameters have changed but the same hardware mouse that gave me fits doesn't need to be "tamed" so I haven't looked further. That older problem of having no basic sensitivity adjust was in a lot of distros at the time and based on what I've seen that problem still exists.