Wondering why these screens state this?, Livepatch won't auto-apply updates

Hi. Just wondering what to think about the status of this system--everything is kosher (apps, no system instability, web pages not opening without me directing them to, etc.) I figured that having Livepatch activated would mean that I would never see security updates unapplied when running Software Update unless they required a restart.
The other weird thing is the date shown to what date my system's security is valid. Just wondering what you all thought of these two screenshots and the Livepatch status.

Hi the way I understand Live Patch is patching the kernel without requiring a reboot. Possibly wording in second image is misleading instead of stating it is patching the kernel. First image may have some updates that will require a reboot.
Just my understanding of it. Other item for live patch you need a Ubuntu account which I don't have or want. Just another something calling home and transferring who knows what using up my data cap. It's fine for lots of users though. I manually check and then decide whether to apply or put off.

3 Likes