Won't be installing 16o4 today

This stops the installer in its tracks. Apport also advised me that a bug report is out. Guess I'm on hold.

Yep. Welcome gets the blame for that report - but it due to Ubiquity crashing, then crashing Welcome too because no locale was set.

@Wimpy did try to work around the problem, until he realised this wasn’t necessary as it’s a problem upstream in Ubuntu. This is the bug report responsible for that.

So, it should be fixed before Beta 2 lands on Thursday. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Thats good news,a couple of days is worth the wait.

It’s been fixed in the latest daily image. Welcome also got a fix too for that, so it’s all good. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got a new IBM ThinkPad 420…dumped Windows and installed Ubuntu MATE 15.10. Last night I installed 16.04 in VirtualBox. It jammed after the install and disk was removed on the first reboot. I shut down and started again manually. Everything is working fine from this point. Great job on the new release @Wimpy and crew. :grin:

Yes, did a fresh install a couple of hours ago, all is well :slight_smile:

1 Like

[quote=“RickLell, post:5, topic:4526”]
…Last night I installed16.04 in VirtualBox. It jammed after the install and disk was removed on the first reboot. I shut down and started again manually. Everything is working fine from this point. Great job on the new release @Wimpy and crew. :grin:[/quote]

Hi,
If helpful, this bug has been reported, also mentioned on Ubuntu MATE blog in 16.04 beta 1 (& 2) release notes “Shutdown/Restart of the live session does not work in Virtualbox and VMWare guests.”

Currently, I’ve found, once installation is complete, after clicking Restart now, when guest stops with black screen, the only method available is to close the VirtualBox guest window selecting Power of the virtual machine.

It’s usual to see installation ISO (virtual disc) automatically removed after machine is closed. On a bare-metal install, if using a DVD, installation disc (usually) ejects just before shut-down once an installation is complete.

Hope you’re having fun with your new PC! :slight_smile:

2 Likes