Xscreensaver again

Hello , I have install tux-linux 20.04 , . I decide to install **"xscreensaver"**but I see in this OS basing mate ..It's always the same trouble In this one screensaver are just for Tux-mate 20.04 ..& after impossible for xscreensaver function correctly..here is your trouble ..I remember 2 years ago I have post the same thing without received a answer OK I'm sorry but please change this one for xscreensaver with they regular function for decide the xscreensaver open when I want after 7 or 8 minuts no more !!I'ts impossible with your option to used only screensaver, my good see you soon ... :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I am not sure exactly what your problem is, but this is what I use to install and get xscreensaver working.

Hello,
This is a trouble with my own screenshot ...
not possible for inside my own screenshoot
This app's are created byJamie Zawinsky since 15 years, Yesterday I have installed xscreensaver without trouble..The other version adapted for mate are different many images are not in this one ..here is my own install of "xscreensaver" against "screensaver" it's not similar but advantage for the reel xscreensaver;
For to be honest to tell me how I can transfer my own screenshot here ? Please give me the option how to do it for in my key USB more to add all personal image for the background new one mate with the penguin , example :rofl:

I believe you need a specific program for a slide show of your own pictures that is not in the official repository.

False sir,
I have open the screensaver this one are in the total parameter just for this OS tux-linux are based with "mate" When I have install "synaptic", inside this one xscreensaver exist, idem for gnome-screensaver but if I open screensaver no trouble, but I don't like this I prefer xscreensaver that's all
Not necessary for the repository inside tux-linux (mate) the trouble come from mate not for xscreensaver this one function correctly !
My last question are how to put my own screenshot here ? in this forum in my post ? impossible to used "la toile libre" & casimages" for send my screenshot & return here the result here? Normally it's possible to joint my own image in this forum in my post !
Last think , I have my PC in this I have 3 hardisk inside, I have 13 operating System free... Never I have a trouble with xscreensaver ... Except with tux-linux 20.04 lts (mate) :rofl:

please look that , here is my ex trouble in 2018 for xscreensaver !
this one are resolved in my new one install mate 20.04 lts :rofl:

looking that please

@jymm ,
I see two images , can you explain how you have put here this two screen pictures ?
For me I have used "zup images" here is my screen

It's just a correction about my noise , please looking for the past 2 years ago concerning "xscreensaver " today for me it's perfect in functions :grinning:

Here is my pictures for wallpaper