22.04 browsers are freezing

Good news. kernel 5.15.0-49-generic is not freezing.

1 Like

Thanks. This has worked for me.

40 instead of 49. my bad.

It started freezing again in 40 and 41...

In full screen mode of the browser it frowze. But if the window is smaller it works...
kernel 5.15.0-43

Same issue

Hi Petteri,

Another finn here. I'm actually trying to install linux for the first time in my life on pretty much the same system you just mentioned.

My iMac is the early 2009 model with NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 with 256MB and from what I have been able to read, the freezing issues could be related to the graphics driver.

Have you managed to get your Ubuntu running? For me it's been painful. All the distros are serving me with the same issue. The only one that worked somewhat good was popOS!(nvdia distro)

I tried out Linux Mint Cinnamon but also do not start firefox since that still seemed to freeze the whole system. So Mint and Chrome and everything has been working fine. Have also used slack and different video editing tools. And continuously always updating the lastest changes. All good. Try it.

Hi,

Good to know! I actually had mint distro downloaded and was going to try it after Manjaro, but Manjaro did the trick for me. The freezing issue persisted until I ran all the system updates after the clean install. Now I'm hoping to figure out how to get the webcam and microphone up and running.

Upgraded all my dell e6500 to mate 22.04 and the problem is gome now.

1 Like