Battery not recognized on Lenovo Flex

Hey! I am brand new at this so I appreciate the help!

Installed Ubuntu Mate today on my Lenovo Flex 3 netbook. It doesn’t seem to recognize my battery. In the power management menu, I can only get a battery icon if I select ‘always display an icon’ and then it’s just a blank box with a red cross over it. Any ideas?

Like I said, this is the first time I’ve ever installed Linux and I’m just now starting a CS degree so you might have to dumb it down. Thanks!

Hi @lolzzzz,

try running the following terminal command (Ctrl + Alt + t) as it may just be a simple case of missing dependencies?:

sudo apt-get --fix-missing install

The above command downloads and installs any missing packages on your system.

sudo apt-get --fix-broken install

The above command downloads and installs any broken dependencies on your system.

See also:

1 Like

Thanks so much for the reply!

I tried the check for missing dependencies and got nothing. Have to head to work but I’ll try the rest later… hopefully I can find something. Worth noting: I tried using acpitool in the terminal to check the battery status that way and it behaves as if there is no battery at all. If I type

acpi -V

I get:

Adapter 0: off-line Cooling 0: soc_dts1 no state information available Cooling 1: soc_dts0 no state information available Cooling 2: B0DB no state information available Cooling 3: INT3400 Thermal no state information available Cooling 4: intel_powerclamp no state information available Cooling 5: Processor 0 of 10 Cooling 6: Processor 0 of 10

As if there’s no battery there at all.